Bin Safe – Smooth Wall Bin Kit with 40’ Wire Rope
* Requires a Bin Safe User Kit. One Bin Safe User Kit will service all bins
Protect your family from one of the most common accident locations on the farm. This patented and award-winning grain bin fall protection system is a cutting-edge engineered product. Bin Safe is designed to prevent a farmer from impacting the ground when falling off the roof or the grain bin ladder.
The Smooth Wall Bin Safe Kit is designed for Smooth Wall Grain Bins that have the roof structure shown in the pictures below. Bin Safe has been installed on bins branded by companies such as Meridian, Westeel, Foremost, Schuld Bushnell, Lorrich, and other Smooth Wall Bins.
Corrugated Wall Grain Bin Kits also available (see related products).
Top 5 Reasons to put a Northern Strands Bin Safe System on Your Grain Bin
- Allows for safe bin climbing
- OH&S, CSA, OSHA, & ANSI Compliant
- OH&S Regulations state that a fall protection system must be in place when working at heights above 10 ft
- An injury or death due to a lack of required fall protection can bring financial ruin to a farm
- The NUMBER ONE reason . . . to protect your family and employees. Be safe, not sorry
“When I did fall (off a grain bin), I broke my pelvis in four places and I laid in the hospital for six weeks before I could even put pressure on my legs. The Bin Safe System allows us to go all the way back down safely. That is what every farmer requires or should have to be as safe as possible when climbing bins.”
- Greg Setter
- Bin Kit includes all hardware for a single smooth wall grain bin
- Very easy to install and use. Install time is approx. 15-20 mins
- 40’ Wire Rope included. Other SKU’s are available with 60’ or 80' Wire Rope. Excess rope is cut and disposed of
- Length of rope needed is calculated in feet: Distance from the bin’s bottom ladder rung (where rope is clipped), to the top of the eave + half the diameter of the bin + 5’ (for slack and to clip rope).
- Example: Bin side wall height 21’ + half the diameter of bin 9’ + 5’ = 35’. A 40’ Bin Kit is needed for this bin.
- Requires a Bin Safe User Kit (sold separately). One Bin Safe User Kit will service all bins that have either a Bin Safe Smooth Wall or a Bin Safe Corrugated Wall Kit installed. User Kit includes 3’ Shock Absorbing Lanyard, Fall Protection Harness, and the Wire Rope Traveler
- Tools that may be required for install includes: Sockets, ratchets, wrenches, vice grips, cable cutters, punch, marker, tape, pliers, hammer, utility knife, drill, and 7/16” drill bits.
Award Winning System
If you have any questions or would like to place an order with our Bin Safe Sales Representative, please contact:
- Martin Toews
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 306-441-6845